American Bus Association (ABA) Marketplace, January 2019, Louisville, KY
ABA Marketplace is one of the premier industry events for the group travel industry, allowing Buyers and Sellers to meet face-to-face in prescheduled appointments. In addition to the quality appointments, Marketplace offers professional education seminars and numerous networking opportunities. At the 2019 Marketplace, Visit North Carolina:
- Hosted a networking reception for tour operators and partners
- Conducted 36 appointments with tour operators during the week, promoting group travel throughout the state.
Travel South Showcase, February/March 2019, Myrtle Beach, SC
This showcase is a regional appointment-style marketplace focused on increasing travel to and within the Southern states. The showcase offers the most targeted opportunity for tour operators / wholesalers and travel service providers to meet face-to-face with Southern travel suppliers. Visit North Carolina utilized showcase opportunities to:
- Team with 31 travel industry partners and conduct strategic, business development meetings.
- Met with 27 domestic tour operators, focusing on what's new with the state's tourism products and on North Carolina's position as a travel destination market leader.
- Organized and led 2 familiarization tours after the conference.
- In total 25 tour operators participated in the familiarization tours visiting 13 counties, 18 attractions, 13 restaurants and 6 hotels.
2019 Annual Blue Ridge Parkway Familiarization Tour
In April, Visit North Carolina partnered with Virginia and Tennessee in hosting a seven-day tour of the Blue Ridge Parkway with 19 AAA representatives from across the United States and 3 CAA representatives. Several days were spent with the group in all areas of North Carolina's mountain region.
NCMA, VMA, MCASC Regional Meeting, September 2019, Winston-Salem, NC
Sponsored the North Carolina Motorcoach Association, Virginia Motorcoach Association & South Carolina Motorcoach Association regional meeting in Winston-Salem.
- Met with 20 domestic tour operators, promoting state's tourism products for groups.
- 23 partners attended.