Domestic Sales Mission
The Division’s annual domestic tourism sales mission took place in September in and around Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Meetings were conducted with 15 tour operators and three AAA offices in these areas, promoting the many reasons North Carolina is a complete vacation destination for groups and individual travelers alike. Meetings included AAA Ohio Motorist Club, the largest AAA club operating solely in Ohio with over 650,000 members; Lakefront Lines, the largest motorcoach company in Ohio; Anderson Coach & Travel, recently named International Motorcoach Group’s Operator of the Year and in business for 75 years. Participating partners included Asheville CVB, Biltmore, Burlington/Alamance Co. CVB, Currituck Travel and Tourism, Heart of North Carolina Visitors Bureau, HP Hotels, Lexington Tourism Authority, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Outer Banks Visitors Bureau and Visit Charlotte.
American Bus Association (ABA) Marketplace
January 2011, Philadelphia, PA
One of the premier industry events for the group travel industry, allowing Buyers and Sellers to meet face-to-face in pre-scheduled appointments. In addition to the quality appointments, Marketplace offers professional education seminars and numerous networking opportunities.
- Teamed with Visit Charlotte to host a Marketplace Luncheon for all delegates.
- Teamed with 37 in-state partners to host 25 tour operators for dinner.
- Conducted 29 appointments with tour operators during the week, promoting group travel throughout the state.
Travel South Showcase
February 2011, Atlanta, GA
Showcase is a regional appointment-style marketplace focused on increasing travel to and within the southern states. Showcase offers the most targeted opportunity for tour operators / wholesalers and travel service providers to meet face to face with southern travel suppliers.
- Teamed with 15 travel industry partners, conducted strategic, business development meetings with more than 275 tour operators from more than 30 states plus Canada, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Japan.
- Briefed domestic and international media and tour operators, focusing on what’s new with the state’s tourism products and on North Carolina’s position as a travel destination market leader.
- Annual Blue Ridge Parkway FAM Tour - Partnered with Virginia and Tennessee to host a seven-day tour of the Blue Ridge Parkway with 26 AAA and CAA representatives from the United States and Canada. Spent three days with group in Cherokee, Asheville and High Country.
- Post-Travel South FAM (1) - Group of 16 tour operators and travel writers spent three days touring Charlotte, Cabarrus County and Rock Hill, SC.
- Post-Travel South FAM (2) - Group of 14 tour operators and travel writers spent three days touring Shelby, Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway.